We are happy to announce the release of a new version of JSight Online Editor 4.0..
The official release page is here.
Main feature of the release: You can now share API documentation via a unique link. All you need to do is click on the “Share” button and copy the link.
We also thought about versioning the API documentation. It can be done like this:
- Open the API documentation via a unique link, for example, https://editor.jsight.io/r/NQBd0BA/1.
- Make changes to the API.
- Click on the “Share” button and select the option “Update API”.
- Your changes are saved with a new link which has a new version number. The new link completely matches the first link, except for the last digit - the version number, which is increased by one https://editor.jsight.io/r/NQBd0BA/2.
Sharing documents via a link will provide you with three fantastic benefits:
- Quickly share and discuss an API description with a colleague.
- Store API documentation in the editor's cloud.
- View the entire history of document modifications. (You can always revert to any previous version of the API by simply decreasing the version number in the link).
Another major update in release 4.0 is improved JSight syntax highlighting. Now the editor accurately highlights all the syntax features of the JSight API language.